What Do Baby Chickens Eat?
If you are thinking of getting baby chickens or soon you will have baby chickens at home then congratulations because raising baby chickens at home is one of the most rewarding experience you will ever have.
If you do not have an experience of raising baby chickens then do not worry here on tape daily we will help you in finding what do baby chicken eats?
The first thing you need to understand is that different age of chicken eats different types of food therefore as a pet owner it is your responsibility to feed your chicken according to its age. Read this article to know the best food you can feed your baby chickens.
Baby chickens feed
- Initially, when baby chickens are born then they do not need anything to drink or eat for almost 48 hours. The reason is baby chickens are sustained by the York of the egg which they absorb before they break through the shell.
- This is the reason that baby chickens can be sent from hatcheries without feeding them in the container.
- Baby chickens grow at an amazing rate in the first few weeks of their life, therefore, it is very critical that they eat properly so that they can develop healthily.
If you want to read similar articles like “What Do Wild Rabbits Eat?” then you should browse our Animal Category.
- Do not feed your chicken adult flock feed because it contains a high quantity of calcium which can cause an irreversible kidney damage to your baby chickens. Therefore it is very important to buy the right kind of feed for baby chickens.
- There are many products in the market which are made for baby chickens which contain the exact amount of nutrients which your chickens need. You just need to find the good brand we suggest you search the organic and non-GMO because they contain the protein between 15% to 20%.
- One of the best methods to buy your chickens food is from the local feed store but in case you do not get it there then you can search online.
Starter feed for baby chickens
- Starter feed is the primary source of feed for baby chickens which are designed in a way to provide proper nutrients to your growing baby chickens.
- The plant, water, protein, and animals are the second most important nutrients for your chickens. These nutrients help your chickens to grow strong muscles, tissues, and organs.
- You can feed your young baby chickens some worms which are natures provided proteins for your pet.
- Fats, carbohydrates, and minerals make the rest of the nutrients needed for your baby chicken to grow healthy.
- Always provide clean and fresh water to your chickens, you can get a special chick water container from the market which is specifically designed for this purpose.
If you want to read similar articles like “How To Clean A Rabbit Cage Properly?” then you should browse our Animal Category.
- It is your responsibility to keep checking your chicken’s water bowl to make sure no manure has been kicked up in the water.
When should you introduce feed
- Introduce them to water as soon as you introduce your chicks to brooder because the food is not much critical at this stage. Your baby chickens do not starve to death if you offer your chicken to settle in the new surrounding.
- Chickens are naturally very inquisitive and they explore the world with their beak, one of the good way to introduce food is through the kitchen roll on the brooder floor.
Food Container for baby chickens
- When you confirm that your chick knows the look and preferences of your feed, then it’s time to put the chicken in a container. it’s hard for chicks to put bedding into any food container, There are various feed container designs on the market, and I believe I have tried them all.
- In case you have more than six to seven baby chickens then we recommend you to but a long container. As the size of chicken increases so does their need of food and space too increases.
Train your baby chicken
- If you ever pick your pet to stoke it, then you must pick it up carefully because chickens have dedicated bones. If you are trying to pick up your chickens and your chickens are not in the good mood then try to leave him for some time never force your pet.
If you want to read similar articles like “How To Care For A Dwarf Rabbits?” then you should browse our Animal Category.
- If you’re your pets like to go toilet outside his cage then you should look for it where they like to go outside the cage as chickens go toilet in the same place they used to.
- Always remember you must leave your chickens outside of its cage for at least half an hour on daily basis for exercise when you want to put them back in the cage guide them to re-enter until the door close and try to put good food in the cage as they love to eat food.
- Avoid chasing your baby chickens because they can get nervous and may hide from you.
- Try to pick your chickens smoothly and gently because if you try to pick them abruptly chickens will think you are as a predator and can attack you.
- Clean your Chickens cage once in a week to ensure your Chicken do not get any disease because if they get the disease in their cage they affect other animals too.
- you must vaccinate your chickens against diseases because if you do not vaccinate your pet then it does not affect only your pets health even your chicken can transform diseases to other pets too.
- This article is only based on providing basic information, Tryarticles does not have any authority or responsibility to prescribe any medicine or treatment. we strongly recommend you to take your pet to the vet in case of any type of pain or condition your pet to have.
I hope you find my article helpful if you have any further queries you can mention in the comment section down below, I’ll be humble to help you out. For other related articles, you can visit Tape daily