You should clean a mattress with baking soda twice a year for deep cleaning because, for proper resting, everyone needs a comfortable and clean mattress with a soft pillow so you can enjoy your sleep after long and tiring day. For comfortable and sound sleep you should have a mattress on which you can sleep comfortably, and mattress should also be very clean and tidy. Some people think the mattress is covered with bed sheet so there is no need to remove it stains or cleaning it but this approach is wrong.
You should maintain a clean and tidy mattress; it also keeps you away from many diseases caused by germs and mites.
If you will feel relaxed and comfortable while sleeping the other morning you will feel so fresh otherwise if you will not be able to take long and proper sleep then you will feel so lazy whole day. For cleaning of your mattress, there are many home remedies, you just have to learn them and you should know the correct use of every ingredient.
So, here on tryarticles.com, we are providing you some many easy and effective steps on How to clean a mattress with baking soda without damaging it in any way to enjoy good sleep and have sweet dreams.
Things required for cleaning a mattress with baking soda
- Sodium bicarbonate or baking soda
- Soap or liquid detergent
Steps to follow for cleaning a mattress with baking soda
- As we all know baking soda is a very good cleaning product, we can mix different cleaning products along with baking soda for more effective cleaning. Vinegar with baking soda is very effective from that solution you can clean almost everything at home. You can also mix lemon juice with baking soda for removing tough and critical stains from anything.
- Baking soda has a tendency to clean tough marks and it also kills all the foul smell. Baking soda is natural and very cheap cleaning product which is easily available at everyone’s house.
- It is very important to clean and maintain you mattress timely, for healthy living, it is important that you should rest properly and take peaceful sleep at night. So your mattress should be hygienically clean without any germs because a mattress is something on which you sleep and could carry lots of diseases and allergies. Mattress needs daily cleaning once in a week or thoroughly cleaning twice or thrice a year to maintain its original condition and appearance.
- As we all know when it comes to cleaning then baking soda is kind of cleaners, it can remove almost all the stains, even it can remove stains of urine from the mattress very easily. Baking soda is very important natural cleaning product with a great tendency of cleaning everything, baking soda has anti-bacterial properties and could kill all the germs. Baking powder can also sanitize your sinks and washrooms very quickly and effectively.
- Baking soda when mixed with vinegar works like a magic, it can also open the blockage in your sewerage system by splashing the baking soda and vinegar solution into the kitchen and washroom sinks hole.
- So let’s come to the cleaning of a mattress with baking soda, so before cleaning the mattress you should remove the bed sheet or the cover of the mattress and wash it in the washing machine. Then prepare a mild solution of water and liquid detergent soap in a small container, take a soft cotton cloth damp it with a prepared solution of soap and water and then clean the whole mattress with that damp cloth to remove all the dirt and dirt first.
- So clean the areas and corners or the places where you see more stains and spots to ensure that the mattress is overall cleaned. Everyone should try cleaning a mattress with baking soda once in their lifetime it’s very beneficial.
- Then immediately take another cotton cloth only damp with water to wipe mattress again to remove all the traces of soap, now allow the mattress to dry properly by turning on the fan, or to make the process more quickly you can use a hair dryer to dry the mattress. Drying the mattress completely is so important because moister can cause the mattress to shrink and it may also damage the mattress.
- After drying of a mattress, sprinkle baking soda on the whole mattress properly and leave baking soda on the mattress for some time to penetrate inside the mattress. Leave baking soda on the mattress for at least 3-4 hours to act. In 3-4 hours mattress will also become dry completely.
- After this above-mentioned method, remove the baking powder from the mattress with a hover, if you do not have that machine then not to worry you can also remove all the baking soda powder with a dry cotton cloth.
- By following the above-mentioned steps you mattress will become clean very easily and in less time. Baking soda is very cheap cleaning product I think everyone can afford it easily so start using baking soda in your daily cleaning processes to see magical cleaning.
- Baking soda will remove all the mites and germs which are buried inside the mattress and it will kill the entire bad odor from your mattress without damaging it. Baking soda also helps to make your white color garments or mattresses more whiten and brighten.
- You can even wash your clothes with baking soda to sanitize them or making them fresh and bright, for this you just have to put a little amount of baking soda in the washing cycle of your washing machine along with your clothes.
- You can also make your towels more white and soft by washing them with vinegar and baking soda, you can also soak them in the baking powder and vinegar solution for few minutes and then wash them as you regularly do in washing machine or by using hands and you will see that your towels are again soft like a new one.
I hope you find my article helpful if you have any further queries you can mention in the comment section down below, I’ll be humble to help you out. For other related articles, you can visit Tape daily.