Dog ringworm is not a worm infection disease but actually, it is a fungal infection Which is highly contiguous in nature, it is possible that your dog gets ringworm from other animals when it comes in contact with them. Many dog owners do not know that their dog is infected because dog ringworm approximately takes up 4 to 14 days to show its symptoms. dog ringworm is not a common animal disease.
Therefore you should be careful while directly touching the infected area without precautions.it is very common if you have kids then they can pick and touch the dog and they can get infected therefore it is your responsibility to make sure no one gets infected by your dog. If dog ringworm riches of a superficial level then it can damage various tissues.
it is interesting to know that the fungi that are responsible for a dog ringworm have different types which belong to three major groups of Trichophyton, Microsporum, and Epidermorphyton. Keep reading this article to know dog ringworm treatment home remedy.
How to Know your pet is infected with dog ringworm?
In case you find out lesions on the skin of dogs head, paws, ear or forelimbs then it is the symptom of dog Ringworm and your dog needs immediate medical attention. Sometimes it is observed dog ringworm lesions on the dog’s belly or underbelly.
How dogs get infected of ringworm?
- This question can arise in your mind how your dog gets infected with this infection? what causes this infection in dogs, the most common reason behind dog worm is they get infected from other animals or humans. it is observed that puppy which is under 1 year old are most vulnerable to dog ringworm because they have a weak immune system.
- it is also observed that dogs which are under stress are at high risk of getting dog ringworm as compared dogs which are relaxing. as this infection rest in the fur of pets then it can happen that if your dog sleeps in the bed accidentally which was used by other animals or human which has ringworm then they get infected because dog ringworm is a transferable disease.
Dog ringworm treatment home remedy
- Notice that some home remedies may be dangerous if they have the potential to fight other dogs’ medicine, or if the dog has existing health conditions other than dog ringworm infection.
- Here is the best Dog ringworm treatment home remedy.
Apple Cider Vinegar
This home treatment is commonly used to treat infectious diseases and is quite effective in treating Dog ringworm. However, you must remember that apple cider vinegar is an acidic substance that can cause pain in dogs when directly applied to skin lesions.
One other dog ringworm home remedy is known as “Goa powder”. Goa powder is very powerful skin irritant which is used by many pet owners to treat dog ringworm infection because Goa powder is an irritant, it can cause a significant amount of pain in your dog. one side effect of this home remedy is that your pet skin can become worse.
Turmeric and Honey
- Honey is also known as one of natural disinfectant, turmeric is used against inflammation and it is also observed that turmeric cleans up the infection.
- Mix these 2 ingredients and apply it on the infected area of dog which increases the healing process against dog ringworm.
The use of papaya against dog ringworm is increasing day by day by pet owners. you must use raw papaya to treat your pet. Cut the raw papaya into small pieces and rub the fresh papaya on the infected Area on dogs skin.
Tea Tree Oil
- One of the best-known dog ringworm treatment home remedy is known as tea tree oil which is a very powerful it is a disinfectant, you must slightly dilute it and apply it on the infected area on dogs skin.
- Note: tea tree oil is suggested to be toxic for some animals such as cats, therefore, you must be careful when using tea tree oil to treat dog ringworm.
Symptoms Of Dog Poisoning
- You have to make sure that your dog is not suffering from the food or plant poisoning; in case you know what type of poison your dog has eaten then it will become easier for the vet to treat your pet.
- We recommend you to have basic knowledge of foods which are poisonous or toxic for your dog as well as the plants which are dangerous for your pet.
- If you find out your pet has eaten any of these substances which are mentioned below then we recommend you to take your pet to vet immediately. Most common toxic products for dogs
- Dairy products chocolate
- Aloe Vera
In a case, from last 12 to 14 hours, you have applied any product or cream for human use on the skill of your dog and you are not sure that it is appropriate for the pet or not, then you must see the area where you have applied the product.
In case the area where you applied the product is swollen or red or have Rash then it is possible that this product has poisoned your pets. In this case, take your pet to a specialist. Symptoms of poisoning in dogs.
- Excessive drooling
- Difficulty in moving or walking
- Difficulty in breathing
- Lack of appetite
- Rash on skin marks
- Confusion, apathy
In case you’re pet shows these symptoms, then it is possible the presence of other serious condition like distemper. If you have any doubt that your dog has eaten any substance in your home or in the street which has poisoned your dog then you must immediately take your pet to a specialist.
I hope you find my article helpful if you have any further queries you can mention in the comment section down below, I’ll be humble to help you out. For other related articles, you can visit Tape daily