There are many many types of salads known to man. You can pretty much make a salad out of any ingredients. And various kinds can be found in different regions around the world. Each was unique and tasty than the one before.
Just one of these salads, eaten around Christmas especially in western countries is Warm Goat Cheese Salad. Salads are mostly a delicacy for summer as they are usually cold and light.
But one of the best salads to eat during the winter may be Goat Cheese Salad. If you are having guests over, they will definitely love this salad. And it is very tasty and extremely easy to make. It will definitely be a hit for any crowd you are trying to please. So here is our recipe for making a delicious Goat Cheese Salad.
What You Will Need?
* Lettuce (whatever kind you can get. Or mixed if you prefer)
* Pine Nuts
* Goat cheese
* A slice of bread
* Sliced up sun-dried tomatoes
* Olive oil (Extra virgin)
* Salt according to your taste
Steps to Follow to Make this Recipe:
1. The Lettuce: The first step is to cut up the lettuce. Carefully wash the lettuce, make sure to clean each leaf individually so no germs or dirt remains. Now cut it up and dry the lettuce completely.
2. Nuts and Tomatoes: In a pan, add a little olive oil (2 to 3 teaspoons). Fry the sun-dried tomatoes in it for a little bit. Be careful not to burn them, as they burn quite quickly. Then add the raisins, walnuts and pine nuts. Sauté these ingredients for around 2 minutes. And then bring the saucepan off the heat.
3. Goat Cheese: Now it is time to slice up the goat cheese. Slice it up to form a disk
Grill the slices or fry them in a pan for 2 to 3 seconds. Make sure to fry or grill them on both sides. But also be careful not to burn them.
4. Bread: Now fry a slice of bread using some olive oil. Brown it as much or as little as you prefer.
5. Vinegar sauce: Now take a bowl, add vinegar to it. Now add salt and a little bit of honey(around 1 tablespoon). Now add olive oil to it in such a way that the amount of olive oil is 3 times the rest of the ingredients added.
Mix the ingredients in the bowl thoroughly by beating them with a fork or whisk.
6. Assembling: Now it is time to assemble the ingredients. Put the lettuce leaves in a bowl. Add the pan-fried tomatoes and nuts in it. Put the slice of bread and a few slices of goat cheese on top of it. Put a splash of the vinegar sauce all over it. And we are done!
Do try this simple and easy recipe at home and let us know what you thought of it. We would love to hear how your salad turned out.