Ovens allows us to cook food quickly without problem and even we don’t need to reheat something. It is quick and convenient, but many times we misuse it which causes different problems like unpleasant or bad smells. If you are in this situation and want to remove bad smells from your microwave then keep reading this post.
In this post, we will discuss an easy method to remove unpleasant or bad smells from a microwave, Uses of Vinegar and the method to remove the smell from vinegar.
We need to understand that ovens can heat up food easily but do not clean themselves. Spilled food and drink if stay in the oven for weeks can cause unpleasant or bad smells.
Attention! You can also read a similar article Cactus In The House
How to Remove Bad Smells From Your Microwave
Now let’s look some easy steps to remove this unpleasant or bad smell from the oven.
Easy Steps to Follow:-
- Natural products:- The First option should be natural products as they are best for removing these unpleasant smells. These products will help to avoid any further chemical residues which are more dangerous and even can damage your health
- Microwave Bowl:- Take a microwave-proof bowl, fill half with water and half with white vinegar. Make sure this vinegar is transparent, as it may remove the bad smells from your microwave
- Zest of Lemon:- Crush the zest of a lemon and place it in the same bowl. Instead of using the whole lemon you can also squeeze its juice and then you need to add half a cup to the mixture
- Heat:- After crushing the lemon procedure you need to heat that mixture for 3 to 4 minutes. When the liquid becomes hot and steaming then stop the microwave
- Close Microwave:- Leave the bowl inside for 20 minutes and close the microwave. This mixture will help to remove bad smells from your microwave
- Remove Bowl:- Remember! After 20 minutes you need to remove the bowl from your microwave and clean it with a cloth
How to Remove odor from Microwave
If you are wondering that how to get burnt popcorn smell out of the microwave? Here are easy and simple 5 tips to kick that smell.
1- Fill a bowl with 1 tbs white vinegar and 1/2 cup water.
- Heat it in the microwave oven for 4-5 minutes and leave it for 10-15 minutes.
- Steam will loosen smell which causes detritus to stuck to the walls.
- When wait is over, remove the bowl and wipe the inside of the microwave
2- Next step is to soak a sponge with vinegar, and place some baking soda. Heat the sponge in the microwave for 25 seconds.
- With the help of sponge first, you have to wipe the inside of the microwave
- Remember! Don’t forget the glass tray and the microwave door
If steps 1-2 fails to remove all the grime, there is still another option for you. You can soak cotton balls with acetone-free nail polish remover and wipe down the inside of the microwave.
- Mulish stains should come out
- Clean from inside with soap, and vinegar
To remove the remaining smells use citrus:-
- You can Peel two oranges or also can slice a lemon in half
- Place the peels or slices in a bowl having water of 1-2 cups
- Microwave it for 4 minutes
- Now leave the bowl in the microwave for 12 hours
Still bad odors in your microwave? Use baking soda on your microwave tray overnight
- You can even place coffee grounds in a bowl in the microwave all day
- You can microwave 2 tablespoons of coffee if you don’t mind its smell in a half cup of water for 2-3 minutes
Use White Vinegar To Remove Bad Smells
Vinegar is a popular and best cleaner used on ovens, also is inexpensive, effective and nontoxic. You can mix it with water and baking soda, it can clean the grime in any oven.
- Spray your oven by clean water on all of the surfaces of the oven’s interior
- Sprinkle a thick layer of baking soda, and allow the soda to sit and dry. After three hours, it will become sodium bicarbonate, which will help to neutralizes acids and bases on a surface
- Now use white vinegar and spray it over the baking soda. You will see dirt and grime are coming off the oven
- With the help of sponge or cloth and water, you can now clean the oven surfaces